- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Cookies: When you visit the Site, we ask your browser to store small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters known as a cookie. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. If you have chosen to identify yourself on a Site, we use session cookies containing encrypted information to identify you and facilitate your use of the Site. Session cookies are required to access much of the content and services offered on the Site. After you leave our Site and close your browser, a persistent cookie remains. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your help file directions in your web browser. If you refuse our cookies, some features of the Site may not function properly.
Disclosure Exceptions: We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we reasonably believe that such action is necessary:
- To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect the McHenry County EDC’s rights and property;
- To investigate reports of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site, products, or services;
- or During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk.