Terms & Conditions
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information) on McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois's web site are provided "as is". McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
4. NO WARRANTY
McHenry County EDC does not warrant that the Services will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or without error. McHenry County EDC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF THE SERVICES, IMAGES, STATEMENTS, OR THE WEBSITE, WHICH ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
In no event shall McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use, accuracy, reliability or inability to use the materials on McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois's Internet site, even if McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois or a McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to McHenry County EDC - Certified Sites Illinois's web site is not related to nor have any connection with any other web site constaining any of the words ("Certified Sites Illlinois" and is not intended to be confused herewith and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, City of Crystal Lake, IL without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Cookies: When you visit the Site, we ask your browser to store small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters known as a cookie. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. If you have chosen to identify yourself on a Site, we use session cookies containing encrypted information to identify you and facilitate your use of the Site. Session cookies are required to access much of the content and services offered on the Site. After you leave our Site and close your browser, a persistent cookie remains. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your help file directions in your web browser. If you refuse our cookies, some features of the Site may not function properly.
Disclosure Exceptions: We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we reasonably believe that such action is necessary:
- To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect the McHenry County EDC’s rights and property;
- To investigate reports of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site, products, or services;
- or During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk.